The Dalhousie is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh, established in 1854 by the British Empire’s government in British India as a summer retreat for its troops and officials after annexation of Sikh Empire Punjab.It is built on and around five hills, Kathalagh, Potreyn, Terah, Bakrota and Bhangora.Located on the western edge of the Dhauladhar mountain range of the Himalayas, it is surrounded by snow-capped peaks. Dalhousie is situated between 6,000 and 9,000 feet (2,700 m) above sea level. It was established on the land of a Sikh Empire Punjab after annexed by British. Dalhousie remains the part of Punjab until 1966. But it was trimmed from Punjab by controversial Punjab Reorganisation Act, 1966.